1. What are cookies?
A Cookie is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer and allows us to recognize you. Cookies as a whole help us improve the quality of our website, allowing us to thus personalize the browsing of each user through our website to a certain point. Cookies are now essential for the functioning of the Internet, contributing numerous advantages in the provision of interactive services and facilitating the browsing and usability of our website.
The domain www.piedrafitaprognostics.com uses automatic collection procedures (Cookies) to collect personal information such as the type of browser or operating system, page of reference, path, ISP (Internet Service Provider) domain, etc., all for the purpose of improving the services provided. Cookies help us to adapt this website to your personal needs.
Bear in mind that cookies cannot damage your computer and are actually used to help us identify you and solve any problems and improve the browsing of our website.
2. What types of cookie are there?
- From the point of view of the “lifespan” of cookies (the time for which a cookie remains active on your computer) we can differentiate between the following cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that remain stored in your browser until you leave the web page, meaning that none of them are stored on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies serves to analyse website traffic patterns. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience by improving the content and facilitating the use thereof.
- Permanent cookies: these are stored on your hard drive and our website reads them every time you visit us. A permanent cookie has a specific expiry date. The cookie will stop functioning after this date. In general, we use them to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
- Required Cookies: these are cookies that are strictly necessary such as, for example, those that allow correct browsing, or which allow the payment of goods or services requested by the user or cookies that serve to ensure that the content of the website loads correctly.
The category of Required Cookies also includes cookies for the following purposes:
- To allow communication between the user’s computer and the network.
- To strictly provide a service expressly requested by the user.
In these two cases we inform you that the informing and consent of the user are not required for the installation of these cookies.
Specifically, in Article 29 of Ruling 4/20123, the EU Expert Working Group interpreted that cookies with the following purposes would fall among the cookies exempt from this:
- “User entry” cookies.
- User authentication or identification cookies (only session cookies). User security cookies.
- Multimedia player session cookies.
- Load balancing session cookies.
- User interface personalization cookies.
- Complementary cookies (plug-ins) to exchange social content.
All other Required Cookies not included in the above examples shall require the prior informing and consent of the user.
- Functional Cookies: These are cookies that help users have a better browsing experience on the website. One example of the use of this type of cookie are those used to store the use of a specific language for browsing.
- Analytics Cookies: these are cookies that allow us to analyse the use of the website, so we can measure and improve how it works.
- Advertising Cookies and Third-Party Cookies: these are the cookies used by social networks, or by external content extensions such as google maps, and also advertising company cookies to publish adverts relevant to your interests.
PIEDRAFITA PROGNOSTICS, S.L. keeps all the information collected through Cookies in an anonymous format (IP address). This type of information obtained through Cookies will not be disclosed outside of PIEDRAFITA PROGNOSTICS,S.L.U. or used for unsolicited communications.
3. How are cookies managed?
During the installation or updating of the browser used, there is an option users can choose to make cookie registration subject to their acceptance. Users can revoke their acceptance through the content and privacy settings options available in each browser at any time. Nonetheless, if a user blocks the installation of cookies on their browser, they may be unable to access some of the sections of our website.
For more information on appropriate cookie settings and the options to allow, restrict, and/or block these, please visit the help section of your browser:
Many browsers allow you to activate a private mode whereby cookies are always deleted after your visit. This private mode may have different names depending on the browser. Below you will find a list of the most common browsers and the different names of this “private mode”:
- Internet Explorer 8 and newer;InPrivate
- Safari 2 and newer; Private Browsing
- Opera 10.5 and newer; Private Browsing
- Firefox 3.5 and newer; Private Browsing
- Google Chrome 10 and newer; Incognito
4. What cookies are used on this website?
Piedrafita Prognostics uses technical, personalization, and analysis cookies, own cookies and third-party cookies, and cookies that capture log-in and/or device data in addition to browser habits for statistical purposes.
For this purpose, when you access our website, in accordance with article 22 of the Law on Information Society Services, we request your consent for their use.
The tables published below outline the cookies described above and used on the website of PIEDRAFITA PROGNOSTICS, S.L.:
|Cookie Name||Cookie domain||Expiry (session, permanent)||Cookie use (Required-Functional-Analytics-Third|
|_utma||Piedrafitaprognostics.com||2 years||Analytics cookies (Google Analytics): Stores the number of visits by each user and the time of their first, previous, and current visit|
|_utmb||Piedrafitaprognostics.com||Session||Analytics cookies (Google Analytics): Used to check approximately how long you stay on a website|
|Piedrafitaprognostics.com||Session||Analytics cookies (Google Analytics): Used to check approximately how long you stay on a website|
|_utmz||Piedrafitaprognostics.com||6 months||Analytics cookies (Google Analytics): The website a visitor has come from (search engine, key search word, link)|
|_ga||Piedrafitaprognostics.com||2 years||Analytics cookies (Google Analytics): These use an anonymous identifier to distinguish between anonymous users and perform an analysis of user interactions in the application for the purpose of optimizing the services offered|
- To find out more about Google Analytics cookies and how to disable them, visit https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html?hl=es